Algae is a slimy plant that spreads and grows on the ocean floor. There are more or less 20,000 types of algae and from them, many extracts can be made. Marine algae extract commonly obtained from red algae, brown algae, blue-green algae, and green algae are loaded with bioactive compounds. They contain omega 3 fatty acids, amino acids, alginates, polysaccharides, carotenoids, and vitamins A, B, C, and E that provide loads of benefits to the skin.
- The most important amino acid found in algae extract is Mycosporine-Like Amino Acid. It has antioxidant properties and so it neutralizes the free radicals.
- It provides a protective barrier by lowering oxidative stress while soothing the skin.
- Some algae extracts contain secondary metabolites like phlorotannins – a powerful skin brightening agent. This way the use of algae extract can keep the skin radiating and glowing.
- The antioxidant activity together with polyphenols of algae extract maintains skin’s collagen health by decreasing the aging process.
- Some algae extract also controls inflammation – a reason for clogged pores and acne.
- It attracts moisture, provides smoothness, controls pigmentation, and keeps the skin free of wrinkles and fine lines.
Juvaly Brightening Facial Jelly uses Algae Extract as one of the major ingredients to brighten and soothe your skin.