Tremella fuciformis sporocarp or snow mushroom have been used lately in skincare products. Its extract showed many beauty-enhancing effects on the skin back in China.
Tremella fuciformis sporocarp or snow mushroom have been used lately in skincare products. Its extract showed many beauty-enhancing effects on the skin back in China. Later on, scientists recently have studied it to know what it holds. Its extract is a large molecular compound comprising of protein, carbohydrates, fat, crude fiber, several salts and vitamins, and even 18 kinds of amino acids. Together they aid in lifting the skin.
- The polysaccharides obtain from the extract lighten the skin tone by inhibiting melanin production. The effect is greater than other chemical compounds like kojic acid, arbutin, and vitamin C.
- Some components of the extract boost the cell growth process, keeping the skin healthy and away from erythema with rapid wound healing.
- It keeps the skin moisturized and retains moisture more powerfully than hyaluronic acid.
- It enhances the skin’s flexibility by providing hydration film to the skin.
- The particles of its extract are very small in size allowing rapid penetration across the skin.
- Moreover, it is an antioxidant and a humectant. The best part is that it is not sticky as the other humectants are.